Saturday 29 September 2012

Creating in Faith - Courage



Standing firm in our beliefs or stepping out when all around is shaky.  We can often think of other people who are courageous and brave when they go through a difficult time or make destiny decisions and can think of ourselves as cowards...., ‘I could never do that, go there, or create that’ we can find ourselves saying.  

If we take time to think back on our lives, we will begin to remember times we got through when we thought all was lost, when we had to carry the load, wipe the brow of a loved one, pace the floor waiting for results, or sell that piece of art.  We forget the victories that we have seen and how we had to muster our energies for what seemed like the very thing that would have broken the camels back.
 
When I think back at the start of my mums’ decline with dementia, I could never have imagined how I could have got through it and continue to get through, let alone find time to be creative.  I learnt to allow my creativity to be infused into my situation and got my mum to participate as well, using the art and creativity as a tool for expression and healing.  

This has allowed me to seek out my voice in my art and to just step out.  It also enables me to see mum express herself in a different way.  There will be many more difficult situations where it would be natural to be afraid, but we have to face them head on.  With God I have known not to have any fear, I know in those times where I felt I couldn’t go another step it was God that saw me through.

Think about a time where you found courage when you least expected it, how did it change the way you viewed your situation?.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13



If you would like to see how I made the book mark pockets check out the post Bookmark Pockets

Come join the group - Creating in Faith, show us how you will be incorporating the words and scriptures in your art this week. Each week I will be sharing words, reflections, scriptures and the bookmark holder.  Step out and be a blessing and you will also be blessed!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...