Saturday 27 October 2012

Creating in Faith - Understanding (Special Request)


Good fortune can fall on the just and the unjust in equal measure, we know not when or where disaster will strike.

This week my brother was rushed to hospital, they had found elevated levels of calcium in his blood, he hadn't eaten for 3 days and was very weak.  The doctors did their tests, scans, mri's and  have come to the conclusion that multiple myeloma is back.  After his bone marrow transfusion, chemo and radio therapy last year we thought there would be at least a 10 year gap before we would have to worry about it, unfortunately the reports say no.

I tried  to understanding why 'our family'.  Why mum with dementia, Robert with this cancer and my father passing 20 years ago with an unknown illness.  There seems to be so many that have been struck down, we seem to be in a generation now where our parents were when we were younger when we can count the passing of friends and relatives that we know being affected by some illness or the other.

After getting the news I felt washed out, what words of encouragement could I offer to him when all I wanted to do was cry, as I sat thinking the words that came to me were, ‘....the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much’ James 5:16.   It was then that I understood what I needed to do.  My tears cannot bring a cure but prayer can.  Despite it all we have to stand firm on the word of God.  There can be no compromises, no excuses, though at times our faith can be shaken by the very circumstances, I have found a renewed strength in the word.

I am not one who normally likes to ask for help, but the word says...were two or three come together ... I know that there will be strength in our prayers as we come together.  I ask you now to join with me in prayer for a miraculous healing for my brother Robert, and for his family, 3 children and wife.   We have to stand on the word of God, have faith and believe that we have the victory over defeat.  I would thank you in advance for taking the step for I know that God is working in all our lives and as we continue to move in faith,  a change will come and we will be blessed beyond our wildest dreams. 

As you go about your week, along with prayer ask God to enable you to understand the impact that your very gifts which you sometimes hide can, if nurtured, be a blessing.  Create a journal page or piece of art that expresses this.

Therefore I remind you to stir up the gifts of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind 2 Timothy 1:6-7

If you would like to see how I made the book mark pockets check out the post Bookmark Pockets

Come join the group - Creating in Faith, show us how you will be incorporating the words and scriptures and reflections in your art this week.  Step out and be a blessing and you will also be blessed!


7 comments :

  1. Oh Amanda - I'm so sorry. You're in a tough situation. My prayers are with you and your family. May God be with you through all of this. You have Him to lean on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amanda - this must be so difficult for you all especially today and now .. I will be thinking of you all - and certainly do hope that Robert heals ... and particularly that you all have time to adjust -

    I'm not surprised you can't think ... with many hugs - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our sons-in-law has the same cancer and so I can sympathise. I do hope all goes well and send you all my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for what you are going through Amanda. I am praying with you for healing for your brother, I am in full agreement. Your faith shines out and you will be blessed because of it. Glory to God.
    Many hugs and blessings Dear One.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krista, thank you, we have been pressing in.

    Hilary, we are continuing to pray, thanks for the hugs

    Jo, I'll send prayers for your son-in-law as well, hope he is doing well.

    Kelly, thank you for standing, hugs and blessings gratefully recieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, so many "things" are thrown at you, but still you continue with your work. And you must or else those "things" will cause you to lose focus on the "things" you must do.

    A big cyber hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I'm joining in late, and just saw this linked from a more recent post, is there an update so I can be praying with you? Or is this still pretty current as far as how to be praying?

    Such great passages to stand on, especially in times like your family is encountering (again).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...