Saturday 20 April 2013

R is for Relationships

We had the private view for the Art and Healing exhibition which brought together a range of artists, art psychotherapists and clients.  My painting is about the relationship I have with my mother as her carer, but the other relationships we have to have to fit the role that we perform at any given moment.  My painting sums up for me how I compartmentalise and manage the many roles in order to have some continuity with situations and relationships that can seemingly change from one moment to the next. 

It was great to see so many people come out and it was a lovely surprise to meet for the first time fellow blogger Hilary from Positive letters, Inspirational Stories   We have been connecting online through our blogs and it was great to meet her in person.  I have really enjoyed her blog and it is also very informative.
The relationships that can develop from connecting on line is something quite special, and my journey as a blogger has been made richer by the many friendships I have been able to make.

Painting for the day
Each day I will show a completed piece of art or journal page hope you enjoy today's

Blog Love
I am sharing some love with those who are also taking part in the challenge, it's not everyone whose blog starts with the letter R, but a few of them for you to start with....
 


16 comments :

  1. How lovely to meet Hilary she is a very down to earth lady, I haven.t met her but have read her post for some time.
    I have however met Arlee Bird when in LA last year,
    Your blog is very good and look forward to visiting each day,
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely evening, and great to meet a fellow blogger as well. I too have been enjoying Hilary's posts! Many thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love your art and how you gather inspiration in the bond of family and all of its gifts! Amazing~

    How fun you and Hilary met~
    She seems so fun and open to finding joy in the ordinary!(so are you) xo

    YOU both look fab!
    Amanda I love your hair
    @>-----------
    Cheers to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, than you, Who knows who will be next, plans to travel across the waters in the summer on the cards. Hilary did look as pretty as a picture!

      Delete
  3. I would love to paint something with so much meaning. And very cool to meet Hilary. Is that the two of you in the photo? Thanks for the love.

    Rhonda @Laugh-Quotes.com
    Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda, yes I took the photo with my phone, appreciate the visit, enjoyed coming to your site.

      Delete
  4. This is the first post about Relationship I've seen on this R day. Great post and I love that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great service you are performing Amanda. I love the vibrancy of your painting. I have a real visceral response to colour, whenever I see a bunch of coloured balloons together, I want to bite them! Thanks for the mention. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossandra, bless you, I too just love colour and being able to play with the paints and other mediums, especially in a journal is the cherry on the cake:)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the blog love, and for stopping by! I love art and yours is beautiful. It is so nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art is very beautiful, Amanda! I love this painting.

    Chontali Kirk
    chontalikirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda, thanks for the mention today! Love the relationship post and how exciting to be exhibiting your work. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your painting is so beautiful! Relations are very important too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda, I haven't been here in a while. Your art is still impressive. glad you're meeting new people too, and Hilary seems to be a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amanda - it was a fortuitous meeting wasn't it - I thought your Art and Healing Exhibition would be on a different day - but it so tied in with my decision to be in London to visit a few exhibitions, I couldn't help but want to take advantage of the opportunity of meeting up.

    We just got on straight away .. it seemed almost odd to start asking each other questions ... as we sort of knew who we were - more obviously so as our mothers have suffered/ are suffering elderly illness.

    I'm sure we'll stay in touch and meet up more often, when I can get up to London ... or you and the family can get down here.

    The art works on display in the street gallery of University College Hospital (where my mother was first admitted after her strokes) were of very high quality - and I'm sure you made some very valuable new contacts in the Art4Therapy world ...

    Relationships are so important - especially when a relation is ill ... as we need to give them the best possible, regardless of their situation ... and I know you are doing your utmost for your mother ..

    Hope to see you very soon ... big hugs - Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...