Monday 29 April 2013

Y is for Youthful


Millions of pounds are spent each year by people trying to grasp onto their youth, either through the nip and tuck or buying products with the promise of youthful skin and banished wrinkles.  We abuse our bodies through lack of healty practices then want the quick fix that the industry can offer.  Trying to cover up or cutting away the outward appearance to appear forever young.

For me, what is important is to take care of our minds and bodies so that we prevent what comes through lack of care, and that we take each moment as special - making the most of every opportunity.  Life doesn't stop because you reach a certain age, you can look back and with wisdom launch yourself in your next adventure. I celebrate my life today for still being able to laugh and see the joy that is left.  How is your youthfulness expressed? 
Painting for the day 
Each day I will show a completed piece of art or journal page hope you enjoy today's

Art Journal Page

Blog Love
I am sharing some love with those who are also taking part in the challenge, it's not everyone whose blog starts with the letter Y, but a few of them for you to start with....

16 comments :

  1. Wise words written here ones to take heed to.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yvonne, we're nearly there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Amanada, Thanks for the traffic and for visiting my blog. ABSOLUTELY LOVE yours. Have added you to my feed on Blog Lovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely post. Can definitely do with taking better care of myself. Too many bad habits, lol.

    "I celebrate my life today for still being able to laugh and see the joy that is left."

    Re: expressing youthfulness, I do exactly the same as you!

    Love your painting. Thank you for kind words and for visiting my blog. Have a great week, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adura many thanks, I guess they is no time like the present for changing old habits, was a pleasure to visit your blog.

      Delete
  5. What do you do with your art pieces posted on the blog? They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, all the pieces generally make their way to my website http://www.realityarts.co.uk and I offer prints or originals for sale

      Delete
  6. I especially like this sketch. You have inspired me to get back to drawing. I find when I do, it makes me happy. So good to meet you this April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blessing to visit your site as well, I do look forward to seeing some of your drawings:)

      Delete
  7. Amanda, you are so right. For me, being creative gives me an immediate feeling of youthfulness, and your laughter does it too. Love the drawing - such a thoughtful face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliet many thanks. Looking forward to keeping up to speed with your creative endeavours

      Delete
  8. Sweet and true. Our society often focuses too much on outward "beauty" and "youth."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maui, yes there is a real pressure, and now our younger generation is feeling it too, being told they are too fat, and the number of young girls that are affected by anorexia is increasing

      Delete
  9. Hi Amanda .. having now met you - you are an exemplar at this ... keeping your brain alive, your spirit up and that joie de vivre we all need ...

    Your art will inspire many ... as it is doing here - good luck with the weekend of craft and art4therapy this coming weekend .. and with other thoughts too for your family ..

    Cheers for now - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Hilary, it was a pleasure meeting you in person, and I really appreciate you coming to the first viewing. Hope your having a blessed week.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...