Sunday 27 October 2013

Material Mondays - Crochet and Fabric

undefined

Fabric Journal
Fabric Journal, an assortment of materials decorate the front

I made this particular fabric journal and decided that rather than have paper pages I would make it with fabric pages so that I could not only paint but apply and try out different stitches to the page, or if you wanted to add that piece of fabric that you thought was unusual. 


The pages I have used in the journal have been pieces from material that I either liked the design or ones that I have recycled and painted.  I have also included some crochet to some of the pages.

Buttons decorate back of the journal

The journal measures approx 4x6 inches.  I have included sections at the front and back inside covers to hold sewing supplies, and a mini pocket at the front. 

Journal at work
I guess the journal allows me to continue to play with different materials when and how the mood takes.  

Inside cover with supplies, and crochet detail to page

The journal can be taken anywhere as it has all the things you need contained within it to be self sufficient. When I've practiced a few more stitches and techniques I will let you have a look. Hope if you were considering making one for yourself that this has provided some inspiration.



If you are considering learning how to crochet, or any other creative activity check out Craftsy online courses, at the moment they are doing a special offer on some of their classes, and they are offering some free mini courses. Click here

Have a blessed day, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...