Friday 18 October 2013

Recycled Projects - Chunky Toilet Roll Journal

What do you do with all those toilet and paper towel rolls that you use?  Throw them in the recycling bin and forget about them, yes that is a start as opposed to them ending up in land fill.  A great alternative is to put it to creative use.

I am really excited to share what I made in today's post.  This is the type of recycling that  really love, being able to create and craft something that can hold so much promise out of something you wouldn't readily think of using.  
With a set of toilet rolls I decided to turn them into a chunky journal like this.
This chunky journal uses majority recycled materials apart from the paint and additional decoration that you might use on your pages.

Everything else is either cardboard from other packaging, string and a whole range of other things that would normally be thrown out!

The tags are made from recycled card.  It is made with space for you to write your own thoughts and feelings each toilet roll pocket has been painted or covered, and is designed for you to place a selection of things in the pocket.
Come back on Tuesday to see how I made them in Tutorial Tuesday.  Do share creative ways in which you have used recycled materials and leave a comment below.



4 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda .. what a great reflective idea for those cardboard rolls we seem to accumulate - I send mine up to the Nursing Centre, who use them in the Dementia unit ...

    Love the way you use up so many items .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hilary, they do have many uses, it would be interesting to know what they do with them in the dementia unit. Blessings for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this earth-friendly idea for creating a scrapbook! I've got quite a collection of empty toilet paper rolls which I've been saving because I just knew I'd find a good use for them! You have inspired me!

    I can't create art like you, but I can create my own unique design using scrapbook papers, rubber stamps and inks! I can't wait to get started!

    Kathy Seals
    http://www.StampForSanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, its is great when you finally find the use for the item/s that you have collected. It is a great idea to use scrapbooking papers and stamps and a great way to use your supplies. Thanks for your visit, and I look forward to visiting your site:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...