Monday 25 November 2013

Material Mondays - Chunky Button Fabric Journal


Chunky Button Fabric Journal
Ever one for making a journal, I had some material from some scarf material I had that is at least 30 years old....does that make it vintage?  The scarf formed the basis of the covers with 3 panels.  The journal measures around 5 x 5 inches.  I really love the size and feel of this journal.


I decided it was going to be an experimental journal, the inside page holds a crochet pocket to carry tools and equipment, I wanted to add as much storage space as possible so that you wouldn't necessarily have to carry any other supplies.
Chunky Journal - inside 3 panels

The central pages that form the signatures are made from my sons old school uniform trousers.  Once covered in gesso the pages become stiffer and easy to work with.  There are 12 pages, 6 of which have already been altered with paints and writing and will form the springboard for additional ideas.
Pockets of joy, with lace and crochet trim
I have really enjoyed adding the stitching, buttons and other elements
Love stitched on a piece of hessian allows for more storage underneath
 The Journal was made with love and is a reminder to me to take time out and show myself some love.
More buttons decorate the back of the chunky journal


If you are considering learning how to take part in creative activity check out Craftsy online courses, at the moment they are doing a special offer on some of their classes, and they are offering some free mini courses. Click here

Have a blessed day, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...