Saturday 23 November 2013

Recycled Projects - Teabag Treasure Boxes

What do you do with the boxes from the teabags you recycle?

You would have got a glimpse last week of one of the boxes that had been altered below when I showed you the teabag treasures post 


There are some great ways that you can decorate the boxes and here are a few suggestions...

I wanted to create a home for the teabag treasures and what better place than the boxes they came from in the first place. Each box came to life with its own feel, not quite having an idea of how I wanted them to look,


I decided to spend time playing.  The one below is covered in quinoa which gives it a lovely texture and it has flowers hanging from the lid of the box.

This box had initially been covered with a gold textured paper, and covered in gesso to give it an old feel, then covered in some goldfinger paste.  The box also has some home made washi tape around the middle.


 This box was covered in sequins and decorated paper

All in all the boxes came out quite pretty and is a really easy project


I hope you have a blessed weekend, and allow your creativity to push back the boundaries in order to allow yourself to really soar!

Come back on Tuesday to see how I made the Teabag boxes in Tutorial Tuesday. Do share creative ways in which you have used recycled materials and leave a comment below.

2 comments :

  1. Your creativity never ceases to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm going to start saving my boxes and will do this with my kids. They're totally going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...