Friday 21 February 2014

Gratitude's and Celebrations - Week 33 - Use your strength

Gratitude's and Celebration Journal

Sometimes we forget the many things that we have come through, gotten out the other side of, stepped out of the way of.  There are times when we never thought we would get through and nearly came to the point of giving up.  In these times we have to call on those strengths that we don’t often get to use though they are they there. I am not talking the physical ‘I can move a mountain’ strength, but the ‘I have been to the deepest darkest pit and came out the other end type of strength and we have to dig deep. 

This type of strength is the kind that comes out of immense pain, be it loss or illness. Our strengths are often prepared in the fire. I see one of my strengths as one who can encourage, having come from a place where in my younger days I wanted to disappear to experiencing the loss of many loved ones.

I love being able to support others in being able to find the strength which lay within them, that can often mean a simple shift in perspective or uncovering and dusting what they saw as weaknesses. I am grateful for today for the strengths which lay within me and celebrate the ones that I will uncover this year.


What would you say your strengths are and how can you uncover new ones?
How can you identify the many strengths you have in your life today? I would love to hear from you and share what you will be doing. As this weekend draws to a close have a blessed week If you want to see how I made the journal (click here) Blessings!


2 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda .. thankfully I'm self-motivated .. and am at the moment kicking my butt as I need to get on and finish a few things, the I can start with some new projects ...

    I'm also independent .. so again can just quietly get on with things .. I do celebrate my genes and consider myself lucky ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary, it is great to be able to see an end to some projects, how is the butt kicking going?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...