Thursday 12 June 2014

A Bit more play - Shining light

There is always room for a bit of creative play.  Where you can just put colors down without having an agenda, and then going with what you see. I have been trying to do that every day depending on my location, and I do have a travel kit that serves me well outside the studio.

Making my gelli plate was one of the best things I've made so far, and it provides a quick and easy method of placing color in a random way - you can see how I use it HERE. This is one of a selection of paintings that I have done.

This is how it began, after I had laid down some color on the plate, I continued with some stamps and also added some doilies that had been painted 


I started sketching a vague image using charcoal


Then she started to take on a life of her own,

I love using color

Remembering that it is just about play I continued to add color and she continued to emerge out of the paper.

Working in the studio

Once I had finished my play, she was ready to stand on her own two feet, I might leave it at that, use it for another piece of work, we'll see.

Shine your light - Mixed Media
For now she will continue to shine her light. and inspire and I will continue to play.  

2 comments :

  1. Amanda I finally made my gelli plate a few weeks ago and it is all I 've heard and more. I mostly use it for backgrounds for my altered books and journal pages. I like how you do the people. I rarely do people since I am not too good at it and one piece takes me forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, it is great to hear, you should so try doing some people, look at the backgrounds and see what images emerge, you'll be surprised.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...