Saturday 2 May 2015

Hello Dolly! - Clay Art Dolls

After making Grace the Art doll inspired by Mystele and her class on Soul Food, I have been spending my time dabbling with ideas and have come up with a couple of dolls.  



They are made using recycled materials, clay and then painted.  I was introduced to a product called powertex - a fabric hardener at a craft show and have used this on their hair and clothes.
Ione - Art Doll

They seem to have developed a character of their own, and at the moment I am just playing but hope over the next few weeks to try a few variations and experiment further - I have so many ideas!.




Ione - Art Doll

I like the way she turned out, with her shawl and flowers, lace on her skirt.

Each doll measures aprox 7 inches tall and have been decked out in their finest shawl and some bling

Delores - Art Doll
This doll felt like a Delores for some reason - not sure I will part with these Art Dolls, but will be making some more to put on my Etsy store and website
places to go, people to see!

Making the dolls is a very satisfying activity, one that I didn't realize I would enjoy quite so much, so do come back and see what else I make


Ione and Delores take time out waiting for the finishing touches







1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...