Friday 30 October 2015

Gratitude's and Celebration Journal - Week 85 - Hope

Hope is something that I can never tire of writing about as it makes it way through our existence.  We hope and wish for better things to come, we look at our day to day and are grateful for that which we receive, it gives us a new dimension to hope.


I can think of many times through my life where I have hoped for a different outcome, wanting so badly for things to go my way, and not understanding the eventual outcome.  My hope that my mum would make a miraculous recovery and the dementia to disappear, or that my brother would be healed from Cancer and live to see old age with his big sisters, while chasing around after his grandchildren, but I have had to reassess the hope that I had with the present I now see.


Hope caused me to look at things in a different light and perspective.  With a slightly different eye and as painful as it sometimes was, situations didn't always play out as you intended them to.  When I looked from an objective perspective it enabled me to see where there was room for change that would allow me flexibility and growth.


I have learnt so much through illness and death of those people around me that I love and thought would be here forever, and I now see the world with new eyes, still hopeful, not taking it for granted, but expectant.  As you reflect on aspects of your life what key things are you learning?


I am grateful for life's lessons, for the hope that we have within us that can change the course of our lives.  I celebrate the life that we need to make more of and those wishes I made as a child and the ones that have come to pass.

I am on a creative journey in my journal and hope you come along and join me. Why not start your own journal, keep it as simple or complex as you wish, but do something!


Gratitude and Celebration Journal

2 comments :

  1. I enjoyed your post on "hope" as well as your beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this face and the way you added color to her face! ;) Makes her even more interesting! ;)

    Cristina
    creativemag.ro

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...