Tuesday 19 April 2016

One BadAss Art Journal Workshop - Fear and Courage Art Journal Page

The One BadAss Art Journal workshop is coming to a close and it has been a very insightful journey.  As one of the teachers I have been blessed to be among so many talented artists who each gave so much of themselves during their lessons.  I have really enjoyed creating alongside them and all the others who took part on the course.

I did a journal page inspired by the session that Keri Sallee did during her week, and this is what I came up with in my journal.  

Fear comes, remind you of ALL your limitations

My piece started out with background colors, then figures started to appear as I worked on it.  It addresses the journey that I feel that we all make at sometime or another, of stepping out into something challenging, and allowing the doubts and negative voices to put you off course.

Fear is represented in the picture as a one-eyed monster type figure, staring, and behaving as if there is concern really at the center of it and it really wants to support.

We have all dealt with fear in one shape or another, we know what it looks like, some of us can handle different situations that for the rest of us we can only look on in admiration from a place of safety.  Fear can remind us to be careful in some situations, and reminds me that sticking my head into a crocodiles mouth should be handled with caution.

Essentially we have to find ways of tackling with fearful situations especially where the critic is involved, disguised as a voice of reason, especially as we may not always see a plan, route, or steps that we can take.



Have the courage to take the step...you know you want to

When I come across these situations I try and see what fear is saying, and why these emotions are coming up at this particular moment.  I think about what it is that I am trying to achieve and some of the ways in which it can play out.

I look at what support I have around me, sometimes there is none and in those situations you have to brave uncharted waters.  Other times you have support around you, but they are coming from a place of fear, as they don't want you to change.


Are you brave enough to take the first step on the tightrope?

At the end of the day you have to take the step, make a decision, hold on to what you got and put one foot in front of the other.  It might feel as if you are walking the tightrope, but armed with your pole to help keep your balance, and keeping your eye on your goal, you can make it to the other side.

All that from a journal page!!!  I always find it amazing what stories want to be told on the page.  I hope if you are dealing with a situation that currently seems impossible that you take a look at it from a different perspective before you make your decision to quit.

Stay blessed always and I will be showing you some of the other art that I have created from The One BadAss Art Journal workshop.




2 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda - good to be here again .. you've done so much with your creative arts ... and yes story-telling does appear - I tend not to write stories, but hope sometime soon to move into that direction as well as keeping the blog up ...

    Email following - cheers and hugs Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are bad ass works of art indeed. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...