Tuesday 8 October 2013

Nurturing - Memories of Home

Memories of Home
Welcome to the first day of the Memories of Home Series.  

Being in a supportive environment is important to our growth as individuals, not everyone has had that opportunity and as adults we try and create an environment that will nurture and bless our children and indeed ourselves.  

I will be sharing a selection of mixed media houses that I created alongside words that I want to foster in my environment or that bring back memories of home life.  Along the way creativity will be at the heart of it.
Nurturing
Looking back our early days were spent being nurtured, by our parents (in their own way) making the mistakes, picking yourself up and dusting yourself off.  Knowing that while you were at home you would feel secure as you take the time to spread your wings.
I tell my son that our home is his training ground.  I want him to feel free enough to make his mistakes - we all make them, but to also feel that he won’t be judged by his mistakes, he will have his foundation and have the space to learn and grow and be himself.  Being in a nurturing environment is key for the growth to happen and I want him to be able to look back on his childhood and teenage years seeing with fondness knowing that he was in a supportive environment that inspired, guided, and gave him the necessary tools to become the man he will no doubt be one day.  When you have had a challenging day it is important to feel the love and nurture within your home and that everyone understands the part they play in keeping it so.

I would love to hear what you have put in place in your own home environment that allows nurturing to take place, please share in the comments below.
I hope you continue to join me on my journey over the weeks, as I share my mixed media houses and some art journaling and look back to the memories of home.  I look forward to hearing about some some of your own memories.


2 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda .. that's wonderful your approach to your son - and the fact he realises that mistakes can be made, but they're not the end of the world. Sounds a great household ... full of love and support ..

    Now it is me and me .. but that's fine - I apply what sense I can make of things and work my way round .. cheers to you - love this post .. HIlary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hilary thank you, we take one step at a time:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...