Friday 10 January 2014

Gratitude's and Celebration - Week 27 - Action

Time to take action

Page before I began
This has been a mixed week which has seen me contemplating the passages of time, spending quite a bit of it with my mum, looking back at the things that seem so hard now that were easy for her to do before. 

I guess that I have just adapted to the changes dealing with what is necessary at the time and putting things in place so that she can have an easier time as possible.  She now has to use a wheel chair as walking has become difficult.  It was while we were coming up the 20 stairs to her flat that it dawned on me how difficult it is becoming for her.  I encourage her to lift her feet and take a step chattering at how well she is doing and let her know that there is a lovely cup of tea and biscuits waiting for her, she moves slowly but we eventually get there, she says she is looking forward to the biscuits.  

I am grateful for the time that I get to spend with her, despite her decline still has a strength and resolve about her that see's her get up and with one step at a time hold on to her life.

We never know when we will take our last breath and I celebrate mums life, that gave me life and encourages me to move forward whether going through the ups or downs of the circumstances that may come my way.


I would love to hear from you and share what action you will be taking. As this week draws to a close have a blessed weekend! If you want to see how I made the journal (click here) Blessings!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda .. what a lovely post on your Ma and her changing circumstances .. I can 'see' you both - and do hope all will go well and her strength will continue to hold. These are precious times as we laugh and banter with our parent at this stage in life ... I remember those days with my mother even though she was bedridden .. it was uplifting ..

    Blessings to you and yours this coming year ... all the very best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary thank you these times are precious, as I get older the more I realise. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...