Friday 16 May 2014

Gratitude's and Celebrations - Week 45 - Focus on what you can do....

Gratitude's and Celebrations Journal - The beginning page

Right now, focus on what you can do......

Are you one of those people who have a long list of things that need to be done.  You start the week out with a plan of how everything will get done and then when the end of the week comes you find that there are bits of things done and not much you can tick off your list?

I start to see the image coming out of the page
With the best of intentions and resolve I set out this week with an arm load of tasks.  I have always been one of those people who want to maximize the use of my time so end up trying to do several things at once.  To a certain extent I do like working like that, but understand that sometimes you need to try a different strategy and prioritize and move down the list one at a time.
Gratitude and Celebration - keeping the focus
Summon the toothache - it knocked me for six, what started out as sensitivity or so I thought has turned into a full blown infection some how and as I take antibiotics and painkillers while I wait to get an appointment with the dentist to decide either get root canal or have the tooth taken out,  the pain seems to be travelling around my upper and lower jaw, back of my neck and rests in a dull ache in my temple - all this from one tooth!

Page nearing completion
Life still goes on, and this has forced me to think about the priorities of what needs to be done, being active and going for a walk took my mind off it temporarily - not quite the way I wanted to start my fitness routine:) but it worked.  I had to look at what I could do within what I am experiencing, the toothache reminded me of what we (I) take for granted, and how in a moment our health can change.  

I am grateful and celebrate that I am able to make the decision to take better care of myself and see some results over time.  Beginning Monday, I am going to take the next 30 days to kick start my health and will share with you tomorrow what I will be focusing on.  Check out my post from last year about an all round fix-up - taking health for granted.

Time to Focus....
Will you take the time to join me to a healthier way of life? What can you do for you that will really make a difference to how you treat yourself. What do you need to focus on at the moment?

Gratitude's and Celebration Journal - Full of Inspiration!

Have a blessed weekend! If you want to see how I made the journal (click here) Blessings!

3 comments :

  1. As I grew older, my teeth became inclined to give me trouble, as well. Root canals, crowns, surgery to re-attach bone, etc. All of it painful.
    Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch...have they settled down now? I'm thinking if I improve my vitamin D it might help, but mostly an overhaul might do the trick...its driving me to distraction:(

      Delete
  2. Hi Amanda .. nothing like a dreadful toothache to bring us back to earth .. it's so horrid - I hope you get that appointment soon ... and health yes .. I'm making a real effort now .. eating less, cutting out the fat, drinking less - and no fizzy drinks either .. a difficult one, eating fresh and good quality I usually do that, cutting down on the coffee and tea - not to say I drink acres of those anyway .. but generally exercise more, get a lot of fresh air every day ... and read, relax if I can!! Like you - lots going on ... look after yourself and I hope that tooth and pain will ease off for you ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...