Wednesday 4 May 2016

Sculpture - Work in progress - sneak peak

I thought I would share with you a sneak peak of a piece that I am working on.  I have got the structure, with the armature  and the first layer of clay.  I have pre-molded the faces so these were added on at this point.  

I wasn't really sure where I wanted to take it initially, and what story the figures were telling.  One figure I guess is being rescued, I am not sure that it is the obvious choice though, and I think that the story has a twist.


Sculpture - to rescue or be rescued?

I really enjoy working on this piece and have a few others that I want to get finished, they are all at different stages.  I enjoy working on more than one piece at a time as it fits with the way I like to work.  

I find when you have to wait for pieces to dry, it enables you to go on to another piece and do what needs to be done.


Sculpture - work in progress
If all goes well with the time I should have some sculptures complete by next week, so will be sharing here, so do check back.  Why not subscribe or join the mailing list and you will be updated with any new posts.

If you get a chance, hop on over to my Inspirational quotes blog to get this weeks encouragement and see if the art work inspires you.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...