Tuesday 10 July 2012

Creating in Faith - Prayer bookmark holders



I have been asked by Mika from Motley Soul to contribute on a weekly basis to her Creating in Faith group.  Each Sunday I will be posting a word and sharing a reflection and scriptures, it would be great to have you join us in the group and share your faith filled insights and the creative activities that you get up to.

For my creative pieces for this project I am making a series of book mark holders for each week, decorated with the word for that week in what ever style speaks to me at that moment with an image or collage or both!  The bookmark holder has a space in the side that allows you to place your prayer requests, thoughts and what ever else comes to mind.

Here is how I went about making them

 I took card, cut to 35cm x 8cm, decorated with stamps and inks and folded in half

I then took some fabric, painted and stamped on it, then cut them into strips that I then sewed in between the  longest side of the book mark holder, the two shorter sides were also sewn together to form a pocket
.  The book mark inside the holder is cut from the same card and 
is 15cm x 8 cm 

 I decorated the sides of the book mark with Washi tape that I also had a go at making - will share the process in another post.  The book mark is where I will be writing my thoughts, prayers, achievements, and wow moments for the week.

The aim is to be able to look back at all the prayers and scriptures and see how God has truely been working in my life.  The bookmark holders will eventually be joined together to create a mini book

This is the holder for last week, with the word for the week being Hope come and see the scriptures shared

Growth is this weeks word.  When I look back on my journey I see how much I have grown as an artist, and the changes that continuously take place, also thinking about the steps that I have taken and have yet to take and the amazing creatives that I am meeting  and have yet to meet along the way.


Come join the group - Creating in Faith, show us how you will be incorporating the words and scriptures in your art. Each week I will be sharing the next word, insight or reflection, scriptures and the bookmark holder for that week.  Step out and be a blessing and you will also be blessed!













2 comments :

  1. Amanda, you're certainly creative. I love the bookmark concept and I love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaches, many thanks, I am looking forward to seeing the changes that take place over the year. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...